Whilst no longer blogging about my weekly pregnancy updates (it would all be just me moaning about getting bigger, not sleeping well, and him not arriving yet anyway), I wanted to take the time to reflect on some of my favourite pregnancy memories from the past (almost) 38 weeks (yes, I have been pregnant for over 260 days ... it's a little bit crazy).
Pregnancy highlights/memories of moments I will treasure forever:
- I remember the exact moment I told my husband I was pregnant and his reaction - oh that look of pure joy
- The very first ultrasound where I was convinced I would not hear a heartbeat ... but I did.
- The day we fell in love with our little unborn baby - our 13 week ultrasound at The Fetal Assessment Center - seeing him on that screen, kicking and bouncing, I can honestly say that was one of the best days of my life and a definite pregnancy highlight. Followed by sitting in the cafe after this appointment - I was busy with looking at the menu but my husband has already started filling the pregnancy album with his little scan photos.
- Watching my mom cry (tears of joy) when I told her the news
- His first little kick ever that I felt (tiny bubbles) - on the morning of my husband's birthday - his own little gift.
- My husband singing to the baby his special Moomin song
- The outpouring of love and well wishes when we announced the pregnancy on Facebook
- The baby shower - having my mom, sister, Martin's family, and my friends there, all spoiling Baby Roux, just so freaking special
- My husband spending a Saturday morning hand making little gifts for the baby's nursery
- Walking past the nursery during the last few final weeks, peeking inside and marveling at how it had all come together and exceeded our expectations
- Feeling him move every single day since around 20 weeks - getting to know his little kicks, punches, feet taps, burrowing, and turns/twists.